Whether you are a diehard football fein, a fair weather fan or just
an innocent by-stander, we can all agree that a fall tailgate is the place to be!
But don’t miss out on the action by getting sidelined in the kitchen.
Shop Redner’s Pick 5 to complete an easy, fall football feast!
For under $100, this spread is sure to score big with your guests!
#1 HILLSHIRE FARM BEEF SMOKED ROPE SAUSAGE
HillshireFarm Sausage Nachos
- 1/2 (14oz) package HILLSHIRE FARM BEEF SMOKED ROPE SAUSAGE
- 1 (15oz) can chili beans, drained
- 6 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 chopped chives
#2 Mama Lucia Italian Style Meatballs
BBQ Meatball Sliders With Tangy Coleslaw
- 1 package (20 oz.) Mama Lucia Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 bottle honey BBQ sauce
- 12 slider rolls
- 1 package Asian-style cole slaw mix
- 1 Bottle Cole Slaw Dressing
- 1 Jar Kosher Dill Sandwich Sliced Pickles
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan with a lid, add 1 cup of BBQ sauce, ¼ cup of water and the meatballs. Heat meatballs with the pan covered over medium heat for 35-40 minutes* stirring occasionally. In a large mixing bowl combine the Cole Slaw mix and ½ of the bottle of Cole Slaw dressing. Mix well to combine, season with salt and black pepper to taste. To assemble the sandwiches, split the slider rolls in half, add two tablespoons of the coleslaw, and top with two meatballs. Cover with the top half of the rolls, run a toothpick through the pickle slice and place on top of the sandwich. Making sure the toothpick goes through the meatball to the bottom roll to keep the sandwiches together. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
- *Save time by microwaving meatballs according to package instructions instead of baking, then add to simmering sauce.
#3 Redner’s Ground Beef
BIG GAME FRITOS® PIE
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups beer (12 ounce can)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 8 bags (1 to 2 ounces each) FRITOS® Corn Chips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat large Dutch oven over high heat until hot. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and Ground Beef. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stir occasionally. Work in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan and stewing the beef in it’s own juices. Remove beef; set aside. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over high heat. Add onion; cook until evenly browned. Add cooked ground beef, chili powder, cumin, garlic and cayenne powder. Season with salt, as desired. Stir until combined. Stir in beer, tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, cook 1 hour until chili thickens. Stir in cornmeal. If chili becomes too thick, add a little water. If chili is not thick enough, simmer until desired consistency is reached. Slice or fold open bags; spoon beef chili on top FRITOS® Corn Chips. Top each bag with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Allow to melt slightly, then serve and enjoy.
#4 Ground Chicken
MONTEREY MAC AND CHEESE
- 1 pound fresh ground chicken
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil
- 1 pkg.(1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can(11 oz.) Mexican-style corn, drained (regular canned corn may also be used)
- 1 can(14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped black olives
- 1/2 lb.macaroni or other shaped pasta
In large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey or chicken and stir, breaking into small pieces. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Add taco seasoning and stir to distribute evenly. Add corn, tomatoes and olives. Stir to heat through. Keep warm. Prepare pasta according to package directions. When pasta is ready, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking water, set aside and drain pasta. In large bowl, toss hot pasta with turkey or chicken mixture and the reserved cooking water. Add cheese, stirring until soft. Serve in bowls with tortilla chips on the side.
#5 Al Fresco Chicken Sausage
Chicken Sausage Bacon Artichoke Pizza
- 1 package al fresco Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 flatbread pizza crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven, cooked pizza crust according to package. Brush cooked pizza crust with olive oil. Spread pasta sauce over crust. Sprinkle with cheese and add toppings, spinach, artichoke hearts, chicken sausage, and bacon crumbles. Top off with more cheese and bake for 8 minutes in oven or until cheese is melted.