Plan a standout graduation party with simple decorations, excellent food ideas, and lots of love and congratulations to the graduate! Redner’s Markets provides excellent options prepared by our deli and bakery, but we also have great prices on all the ingredients you’ll need if you choose to prepare the dishes yourself.
The Ideal Graduation Party Menu
The location, theme, and time of your graduation party will influence the foods you choose for the menu. A small dinner party may feature a complete meal with several courses, but, for most afternoon parties or come-and-go celebrations, a buffet of finger foods is best. Popular options include pizza, burgers, hot dogs, and other fun foods.
A Come-and-Go Open House Party Menu
What could be more convenient for this type of event than an assortment of toothpick (or pretzel stick) and napkin-friendly foods?
Redner’s Markets offers a Meatball Platter in small or large sizes, sauced with marinara or gravy, fully cooked and ready to heat. We also provide party subs, wing and nugget platters, cheese trays, and more.
You may also like to incorporate the following Cheese Ball Bites or Cake Ball Bites to accompany your meatball theme. Both are easily made with all ingredients available at your local Redner’s Markets.
Cheese Ball Bites
Recipe makes 18 cheese ball bites.
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Chill Time: 1 hour, Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 8 slices of bacon
- 12 oz. cream cheese (set on counter to soften)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup chives
- ⅓ cup pecans (chop to a fine texture)
- 18 pretzel sticks
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Prepare the bacon in a skillet on medium heat, turning after 4 minutes, and cooking for about 8 minutes total.
- Let the bacon rest on a paper towel to remove grease.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and set to the side.
- While bacon drains, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Form 18 small balls from the cheese mixture and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Mix the bacon, chives, and pecans.
- Roll the cheese balls in the bacon mixture, and stick a pretzel stick into each ball.
Cake Ball Bites
Recipe makes 48 cake balls.
Prep Time: 45 min, Cook Time: 30 min; Chill Time: 1 hour, 15 min; Total Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- Baking spray
- 1 Cake mix of your choice + ingredients listed on the box
- ¾ cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 TBSP heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 TBSP coconut oil (2 TBSP + 2 TBSP)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare a baking pan with spray.
- Prepare the cake mix using the instructions on the side.
- When done, let the cake cool and break it into small pieces.
- With a stand or hand mixer, beat the butter smooth and then incorporate the sugar.
- Add the cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix until smooth, adding cream if needed.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper
- Add the cake crumbs to the mixed frosting and form into 48 balls, using a tablespoon amount as a guide.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate and 2 TBSP coconut oil in the microwave at 30-second intervals.
- Do the same for the semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Dip each cake ball into the chocolate and shake lightly to remove extra chocolate. Add sprinkles right away.
- Place back on the baking sheet and chill for another 15 minutes.
For many effortless food ideas for your upcoming graduation party, visit the Redner’s Markets Catering and Party Guide today!