Consider alternatives if your family and friends enjoy tailgating but hate the stress of packing up the grill, ingredients, and propane/charcoal for fuel. Here are a few ideas from Redner’s Markets that allow you to buy ingredients to prepare tailgate food beforehand or collect some of our party trays on your way to the game to enjoy the experience without a grill.
Convenient Tailgating at Its Best
Redner’s Markets can take the work out of tailgating by providing Redner’s Ready, our curbside service for online orders, and Party Trays and Catering through our deli, seafood, and bakery departments.
If you plan to order prepared food to carry to the game, provide us with 48 hours’ notice.
Available party trays from Redner’s Markets for convenient tailgating include:
- 2′ or 3′ Party Subs
- Brioche Slider Trays
- Cheese Platters
- Chicken Nugget Trays
- Chicken Wing Platters
- Fruit and Cheese Nibbler Platter
- Gourmet Tray
- Hoagie Carousel Platter
- Italian Party Tray
- Lean and Lite Tray
- Meat and Cheese Combo Platter
- Meatball Platter
- Snack Tray
- Traditional Wrap Tray
With no grill, plan food selections and prepare them to take to the game. Consider the following easy recipes for your next tailgating experience.
Prep Time: 5 min; Total Time: 5 min
Yields 3 ½ cups
- 2 packages of cream cheese (allow to soften for a bit on counter)
- ⅓ cup beer
- 1 pack ranch mix
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Pretzels for dipping
- Beat the cream cheese, beer, and ranch until smooth.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Enjoy with pretzels.
Spinach and Turkey Pinwheels
Prep Time: 15 min; Total Time: 15 min
- 1 pack cream cheese (allow to soften)
- 8 – 8″ tortillas
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 16 oz. sliced turkey
- Spread cream cheese on tortilla.
- Add the spinach and turkey.
- Roll up.
- Cut each roll into 6 equal pieces.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Prep Time: 15 min; Cook Time: 15 min; Total Time: 30 min
- 4 TBSP butter (divided – 1 TBSP + 2 TBSP = 1 TBSP)
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 pack of Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
- 16 oz. sliced ham (thin)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Prepare a baking dish with a tablespoon of butter.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for one minute, stirring to keep from burning.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, constantly whisking for about 4-5 minutes.
- When thick, remove from heat.
- Stir in the salt and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mustard and honey.
- Melt the last tablespoon of butter.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half, separating the top from the bottom.
- Lay out the bottoms of the rolls in the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the honey and mustard mixture over the bottoms.
- Add the ham, white sauce made from milk, and shredded cheese.
- Place the top section of the rolls in place.
- Brush the rolls with the melted butter and sprinkle the tops with parsley.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 8 minutes. Take off the foil and bake for five more minutes.
Whether you choose our deli party trays or make these tailgate food ideas, you can enjoy the game without a grill with the help of Redner’s Markets.