Redner’s Markets in Wyomissing, PA, always accepts applications for cashier jobs. If you’re interested in working for a company that values its employees, provides an avenue for advancement, and helps the community, apply online today!
Cashier Job Expectations
Cashiers at Redner’s Markets should expect to promote a courteous attitude toward customers and our quality and fresh foods at low prices. Explicit job expectations include operating a cash register appropriately, learning and following all front-end procedures and company policies, and providing total customer satisfaction.
The retail business can be complex. You will interact with kind, lovely people most of the time, but on occasion, you’ll have to react with calm respect to people who may not provide the same back to you. Do you have the self-control the position will require?
Redner’s Markets Employee Benefits
Redner’s Markets employees work hard, and they are treated well. We value all of our employees, as evidenced by the following list of benefits:
- Health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Bonus and Incentive Programs
- Vacation Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Plan
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan, or ESOP, makes company stock available for employees to purchase. We are entirely owned by our employees, which translates into company success and positive customer experiences.
The Daily Pay program isn’t part of the benefits package, but we use it to benefit our employees. This program automates time cards and payments. When employees need to access their pay before payday, they can request it for a small fee.
After applying, think ahead to the interview. A little bit of preparation can provide a great deal of confidence and positive results.
- What are two specific ways that cashiers can provide excellent customer service?
- What do you do to remain focused and prevent mistakes while working?
- Can you demonstrate how to count back change?
- If a customer’s order total is $6.37, how would you calculate and count back the change?
- How would you respond to a rude, angry, or demanding customer?
- How would you respond to a talkative customer making the line wait after the transaction is complete?
- What would you do if a friend or family member asks for a “discount” that isn’t legitimate?
- What is the best strategy to avoid scammers who try to trick cashiers into giving money from the till?
- When should you ask for ID for tobacco or alcohol purchases?
Service to the Community
Redner’s Markets is an employer you can be proud to work with. We help the community in a variety of ways, providing avenues for fundraising as well as providing support for various charities in the area.
- Fundraising assistance
- Redner’s 1% Save-A-Tape Program
- Wholesale pricing for specific products for fundraising events
- Charitable Assistance
- USMC Toys for Tots
- American Cancer Society for Relay for Life
- Feeding American and Local Food Banks
- Girl and Boy Scouts of America
- Salvation Army
- Lions Clubs
- Local church congregations
- Local fire departments
- Youth sports programs
Cashier jobs at Redner’s Markets in Wyomissing, PA, promise a positive work environment, comprehensive benefits, opportunities for advancement, and a sense of pride in the workplace. If you want to join our team, complete your online application, and we’ll respond promptly.