SMITHFIELD REDNER’S “VIP RACE DAY EXPERIENCE” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Smithfield Foods Inc., 200 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430
- DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The 2021 Smithfield VIP Race Day Experience Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a random drawing promotion comprised of approximately $625.00 in prizes. Redner’s Markets is Sponsor’s retail partner for the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. on May 6, 2021 Eastern Time (ET) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 9, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s retail partner’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to individual, legal United States residents residing in Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Smithfield Foods Inc. (“Sponsor”), Redner’s Markets and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotional Entities”), as well as the immediate family (including spouses, parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, grandchildren) and household members of same, shall be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and shall be ineligible for any prize awarded herein. Entrants acknowledge that, Sponsor is not liable for reimbursement of any prizes otherwise payable to Sweepstakes entrants who are in violation of this provision.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: two (2) tickets (winner and guest) to attend the stock car race in Long Pond, PA on June 26, 2021 where the Stewart-Haas race team is competing and a virtual Meet & Greet with Aric Almirola, and an opportunity for a virtual Meet & Greet with Tony Stewart (schedule permitting) (“Grand Prize”). Winner and guest must attend race on date as specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest must abide by all rules and regulations set by the raceway or admission may be declined or revoked and Grand Prize will be forfeited in it’s entirety and no further compensation will be provided. Any expenses other than the admission tickets including, but not limited to transportation, parking and meals, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $400.00. One (1) First Prize: a Smithfield Racing Cooler. ARV: $135. Five (5) Second Prizes: a Smithfield Racing Folding Chair. ARV: $18 each.
Total ARV of all prizes: $625.00.
Limit one (1) prize per person per household. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize becomes unavailable for any reason. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use, not specifically provided herein, are the responsibility of the winner. Tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission related to any tickets may be subject to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the ticket holder and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. If attendance only to the race is cancelled, Sponsor will award tickets to a 2022 race (race date to be determined by the Sponsor). If the Sponsor is unable to provide the Grand Prize because of (a) any attendance restrictions imposed on or by the venue; (b) NASCAR requirements; (c) federal, state or local laws, statutes, rules, directives, regulations and ordinances; (d) alteration to venue; or (e) any reasons beyond control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor will award the Grand Prize for a 2022 race (race date to be determined by the Sponsor). Additional restrictions, requirements or protocols for entry may apply. Use of any NASCAR Cup Series race admission ticket is subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the ticket. Each guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless accompanied by such guest’s parent or legal guardian who is also the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor and the respective venue reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to a prize winner and their guest who engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the race, event or exhibition. Grand Prize winner and their guest agrees to comply with all applicable speedway and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the Grand Prize. Race date and time may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the race tickets awarded as part of the Grand Prize, will govern in the event a race, as defined by NASCAR, is not held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Race tickets awarded may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and Grand Prize forfeiture and may invalidate the license granted by the tickets. Sponsor will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, local, state or federal regulation, order or policy, epidemic, pandemic or any other issue concerning health or safety, state of emergency or any other event or circumstance outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the race or any prize element. Other terms and conditions may apply. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes. First and Second prize winners must supply valid US Shipping address (no P.O. Boxes). Allow 4-6 weeks for first and second prize shipment from winner verification date. Actual prize awarded may vary from that depicted in advertising materials which are for illustration purposes only.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- In-Store: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit a participating Redner’s Markets store and purchase at least three (3) Smithfield®, Nathan’s Famous®, Eckrich®, Armour®, John Morrell®, Healthy Ones®, Curly’s®, or Carando® products in a single transaction using your Redner’s Rewards Card. Upon making the purchase, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (an “Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per qualified transaction regardless if there are more than three (3) qualifying products purchased in the single transaction. You may register to receive a Redner’s Rewards Card for free at any Redner’s Markets store location.
- No Purchase Required Mail-in Entry: To enter without making a purchase, hand print on a 3” x 5” index card your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, day and evening phone numbers and date of birth and mail it in an envelope (no larger than #10 business size) with proper postage affixed to: Smithfield and Redner’s “VIP Race Day Experience” Sweepstakes, 3 Quarry Rd., Reading, PA 19605-9787 (a “Mail-in Entry). You will receive one (1) entry for each Mail-in Entry you submit. Any Mail-in Entry with incomplete information will be considered ineligible. Each entry must be in a separate postage-stamped outer envelope. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Sponsor and Promotional Entities are not responsible for (a) electronic transmissions or Entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, postage-due or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (b) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries; (c) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer, mobile device and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s or Promotional Entities reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; (d) incorrect or inaccurate Entry information including, but not limited to Redner’s Rewards Card data whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; Mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No purchase necessary for Mail-in Entries. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. All Mail-in Entries must be post-marked by June 9, 2021 and received by June 15, 2021.
LIMIT: MAXIMUM OF FIVE (5) ENTRIES PER PERSON DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received by the deadlines stated in these Official Rules from all methods of entry combined. Sponsor or authorized representative of Promotional Entities will conduct a random drawing (“Drawing”) on or about June 15, 2021. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received from all methods of entry combined. Potential prizewinners of the Drawing will be notified by telephone or email on or about June 16, 2021. If a prizewinner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential prizewinner is ineligible, or a prizewinner declines a prize, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may forfeit a prize if a potential prizewinner fails to respond to a prizewinner notification within 24 hours. In such event, prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release by date specified by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of a prize and selection of an alternate winner, if time permits. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
- PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winner’s name, address (city and state), likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes for this Sweepstakes only, without additional compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by law.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and prizewinners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Promotional Entities, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes Winner’s acknowledgement that the Released Parties (as defined below) have neither made, nor are in any way responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, any related Abbreviated Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, point-of-sale material, or television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of entrants or require potential prizewinners to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (i) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (ii) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (iii) are obtained where prohibited, or (iv) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor, or any other Promotional Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having used the same Redner’s Rewards Card number, the authorized subscriber of the account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is listed as the Rewards Card account holder by Redner’s Markets. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless and covenant not to sue the Sponsor, Promotional Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or while preparing for or traveling to any prize-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, excluding attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by July 31, 2021 to: Smithfield and Redner’s VIP Race Day Experience Sweepstakes, 3 Quarry Rd., Reading, PA 19605-9787. Winners list will be sent after all winners have been verified and prizes have been awarded.
Stewart-Haas Racing® and #10® are registered trademarks of Stewart-Haas Racing and are used under license.